Known issues with AMD cards and drivers.
AMD Driver Issue
If you are having issues with Cemu Emulator and have an AMD video card then you are not alone. Some of the latest drivers from AMD have been known to cause some issues with the emulator and games. One notable game that I see mentioned a lot is Mario Kart 8. With the latest drivers Cemu Emulator crashes on startup.
In order to fix the issue the solution is to downgrade to an earlier driver, specifically 17.1.2. You can download it here. You can use AMD’s Clean Install Utility to remove currently installed drivers cleanly.
Apparently you can also rollback the drivers following these steps:
- Uninstall your current AMD driver and restart your computer.
- Download and install the driver linked above and restart again.
- Open Device Manager, find your GPU under Display Adapters and Open the Properties window.
- Click the driver tab and roll back the driver.
- The screen will go black for a few seconds. If you try opening the AMD Control Panel it will crash.
- Try opening it anyway and then when it crashes, open it again and it should be on version 17.1.2.
Hopefully downgrading to an earlier AMD driver will resolve any issues you are facing. I have heard that 1.7.5 has better AMD support, but as of writing this it is only available to Patreon members.
IMI Computer · January 14, 2019 at 4:24 am
To this date, using CEMU 1.15.0 with Radeon Adrenalin 18.2.1 the problem still occurs. Mario Kart 8 just froze at the first title screen, it even can’t load the Checkered Flag background.